Thursday, July 3, 2008

Simply Roasted Tomatoes

We are big tomato fans in my house and I use them all the time in pasta, salads and sauces. I also love to roast them with different toppings to make the perfect side dish. This recipe is simple... tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil. It goes well with any meat or seafood and it's very easy to make. I love how sweet the tomatoes become once roasted. Not only do my husband and I love these but so do my kids.
  • 2 large tomaotes (I use vine ripened)
  • Sea salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • Olive oil

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Drizzle each tomato half with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil or wax paper for 40-45 minutes or until softened.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment