Friday, April 25, 2008

Ham and Havarti on a Toasted Baguette

I love, love, love a good sandwich! I saw a seeded baguette at my local Trader Joe's today & I couldn't pass it up. This sandwich was crunchy, chewy, salty, creamy, spicy & a bit sweet - it was so good that I can't wait to have it again tomorrow.
  • Seeded baguette, sliced lengthwise down the center, toasted
  • Honey baked ham (as much as you like)
  • 1 slice of low fat Havarti or Swiss cheese
  • Tomato slices
  • Sweet yellow onion, sliced thinly
  • Lettuce
  • Low fat mayonnaise
  • Sweet & spicy mustard
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Toast baguette under the broiler until golden brown. Layer the baguette with mayonnaise, mustard, ham, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment